Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe author contends that the men who possess the newest weapons are possessed by the oldest psychology - group psychology. This ancient, irresistible force shapes and colors American strategy. However the strategic decision-makers' collective mentality cant be reduced to a seamless whole because it is the product of opposing forces: rational, bureaucratic imperatives designed to assure the continuity of the Nuclear Elite; and irrational, techlogical messianism informed by visions of an American millennium.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ron Hirschbein is Professor of Philosophy at California State University, Chico, where he coordinates the concentration in War & Peace Studies. He has also served as a visiting research professor at the University of California's Institute on Global Conflict & Cooperation. He has presented numerous papers on our nuclear predicament, and many of these papers have subsequently appeared in various anthologies. He holds a Ph.D. from Syracuse University.
- Author(s)Ron Hirschbein
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1991
- Series TitleConflict and Consciousness Studies in War, Peace, and Social Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight300 g
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.