Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the role of language and images in newspaper, radio, online and television news. The authors introduce useful frameworks for analysing language, image and the interaction between the two, and illustrate these with authentic news stories from around the English-speaking world, ranging from the Oktoberfest to environmental disasters to the killing of Osama bin Laden. This analysis persuasively illustrates how events are re-told in the news and made 'newsworthy' through both language and image. This clearly written and accessible introduction to news discourse is essential reading for students, lecturers, and researchers in Linguistics, Media/Journalism Studies, and Semiotics.
- Author BiographyHelen Caple is a Lecturer in Media, Journalism and Communications at the University of New South Wales, Australia. Monika Bednarek is a Lecturer in Linguistics at the University of Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Helen Caple,Monika Bednarek
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleContinuum Discourse
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.