All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNews and Journalism in the UK is an accessible and comprehensive introduction to the political, ecomic and regulatory environments of press and broadcast journalism in Britain and Northern Ireland. Surveying the industry in a period of radical ecomic and techlogical change, Brian McNair examines the main trends in journalistic media in the last two decades and assesses the challenges and future of the industry in the new millennium. Integrating both academic and journalistic perspectives on journalism, topics addressed in this revised and updated edition include: * the rise of online journalism and the impact of blogging on mainstream journalism * the emergence of 24 hour news channels in the UK * the role and impact of journalism, with reference to issues such as democracy, health scares and the war on terror * trends in media ownership and editorial allegiances *'Tabloidisation', Americanisation and the supposed 'dumbing down' of journalistic standards * the implications of devolution for regional journalists.
- Author BiographyBrian McNair is Professor of Journalism and Communication at the University of Strathclyde. He is the author of News and Journalism in the UK, Glasnost, Perestroika and the Soviet Union and Images of the Enemy.
- Author(s)Brian McNair
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2009
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleCommunication and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.