All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering the same brand of practical, -holds-barred, expert advice that made Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office an international million-copy bestseller, Nice Girls Just Don't Get It teaches us the skills we need to turn from a nice girl into a winning woman, t just in our careers but in our relationships, families, and everyday lives. Have you ever felt invisible? Taken advantage of? Reluctant (or unable) to articulate what you really want? If so, join the club. The nice girls club. Nice girls--that's right, girls--are those more concerned with pleasing others than with addressing their own needs and haven't yet learned how to overcome the childhood messages cultural stereotypes keeping them from getting their voices heard, their needs met, and the lives they want. This book will turn those nice girls into winning women. That is, women who factor their own needs in with those of others, confront those who treat them disrespectfully, maintain healthy and mutually beneficial relationships with appropriate boundaries-- and as a result, are happier and more successful in every area of their life. In 2004, Lois Frankel blew the lid off so many of our long-held ideas about gender and success with her bestselling Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office, which went on to become such a huge phemen, the term nice girls has secured a place in our cultural lexicon. Here, Frankel teams up with negotiation expert Carol Frohlinger to bring this bestselling advice out of the workplace and provide a broader set of skills that any woman--whether a CEO or stay-at-home mom--can use to win anywhere, with anyone. Presented in the straightforward, digestible format that helped make Nice Girl's Don't Get the Corner Office an instant hit, Frankel and Frohlinger outline seven practical strategies and 99 supporting tactics that every winning woman should kw. By the time you've finished reading this book, you'll be able to: - Get your husband to do his half of the household chores--without being made to feel like a nag. - Stop overextending yourself by taking on all the unpleasant tasks one on your volunteer board, or your team at work will go near. - Win an argument with your mother in law about who will be hosting Christmas dinner. - Have the courage to send back a meal that isn't prepared the way you'd ordered it. - Confront a colleague who is shirking responsibility or taking credit for your work. - Convince a sales person to reduce a fee, waive a surcharge, or hor a store credit. - Question a doctor's course or treatment or request a second opinion, instead of simply going along in order to be a good patient. - Firmly but politely bow out of an extravagant vacation to celebrate a friend's birthday that you simply can't afford-without feeling guilty about it. And so much more. A must-read for anyone who's ever felt taken advantage of by a friend or family member, unappreciated by a spouse or partner, or exploited by a vindictive neighbor or co-worker, Nice Girls Just Don't Get It offers women the indispensable kwledge and skills to get the things they want, the respect they've earned, and the success they deserve.
- Author BiographyThe name, DR. LOIS FRANKEL, has become practically synonymous with helping women to succeed in work and life. Her book, Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office, was a New York Times mega-bestseller that has been translated into twenty-five languages and sold a million copies worldwide. As president of Corporate Coaching International and an active speaker, Frankel helps tens of thousands of women each year achieve their personal and professional goals. She has been widely featured in the media, including the Today show, Larry King Live, People magazine, Time magazine, BusinessWeek, and The Wall Street Journal. CAROL FROHLINGER, J.D., is a cofounder of Negotiating Women, Inc., a firm committed to helping women to negotiate more confidently, competitively, and competently. Her advice has been featured by CBS MoneyWatch, NPR, Cosmopolitan magazine, and the New York Times. Coauthor of Her Place at the Table and an internationally recognized speaker, Frohlinger draws from her experience as an attorney to help women get to yes in all aspects of life.
- Author(s)Carol Frohlinger,Lois P Frankel
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, charts
- Weight449 g
- Width147 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.