All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNick Enright (1950-2003) was one of Australia's most significant and successful playwrights. As a writer, director, actor and teacher he influenced theatre in Australia for thirty years. Enright wrote more than fifty plays for the stage, film, television and radio, translated and adapted more, and taught acting to students in varied settings, both in Australia and the United States. His writing repertoire included comedy, social realism, farce, fantasy and the musical. In addition to his prodigious contribution to all of these genres, he was a passionate advocate for the actor and the theatre in contemporary society. In this volume Anne Pender and Susan Lever present a set of essays and recollections about Nick Enright's work for students, teachers and scholars. The book offers a comprehensive study of Enright's writing for theatre, film and television. Scholars, acting teachers and theatre directors have contributed to this work each illuminating an aspect of Enright's remarkable career. The discussions cover interpretations of Enright's scripts and productions, detailed analysis of his directing style, substantial background and analysis of his writing for musicals, as well as accounts of his specific approach to acting and to adaptation across genres. The essays and recollections included in this book will inspire theatre practitioners as well as scholars. Most importantly, this book will inform and enlighten students and teachers both at high school and university about an exceptional career in the theatre.
- Author BiographyAnne Pender is Senior Lecturer in English and Theatre Studies at the University of New England, Armidale, Australia. Susan Lever is Associate Professor of English, the University of New South Wales, at the Australian Defence Force Academy, in Canberra, Australia.
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAustralian Playwrights
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Volume editorAnne Pender,Susan Lever
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.