Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe founder of <i>plein air</i> painting in Romania, Nicolae Grigorescu (1838-1907) introduced Impressionism into his country. Arriving in Paris in 1861, Grigorescu worked and studied alongside the greatest artists of his time, from Jean-Francois Millet and Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot to Pierre-August Reir and Claude Monet. Grigorescu's palette combined the best of all of them to direct an intense, sensual light onto the everyday life of his country. Romania's warm countryside, the gentle melancholy of its lakes, forests, fields and villages, and Grigorescu's portraits of gypsies and peasants are all illuminated in this landmark catalogue.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note130 col
- Weight998 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.