All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNicolaus Copernicus tells the story of this key scientific figure - covering his origins as the son of a merchant through his education in Poland and Italy, his work in astromy and mathematics, the development of his theories about the universe and his legacy today. Super Scientists are first biographies introducing some of the world's great scientists, simply retelling their lives and explaining why their work was important. Illustrated with archive images and photographs, the chrology of each lifetime is emphasised by a timeline that runs through the book.
- Author BiographyBorn in Suffolk, Sarah Ridley lives on the Suffolk/Essex border and is a writer and editor of educational books for children and young people. Recently, a life-long interest in history has led her to write books about the First World War, inspired by reading letters written by soldiers who served in the conflict. Brothers at War tells the story of uncovering the material held in her own family's archives. Dear Jelly sets letters written by soldier brothers to their younger sisters at its core. Teenage children keep Sarah busy when she isn't tied to her computer, and she relaxes by walking along river estuaries close to her home.
- Author(s)Sarah Ridley
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSuper Scientists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight96 g
- Width193 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.15Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.50Trending at AU $45.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.