All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $81.72Trending at AU $84.85
- AU $59.00Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $57.83Trending at AU $59.36
- AU $51.99Trending at AU $80.40
- AU $22.35Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.03
- AU $36.95Trending at AU $40.10
About this product
- DescriptionNiels Bohr, Revised Edition delves into the life and work of the founder of the modern atomic theory, highlighting his research on the atom and its structure, the subsequent development of the nuclear age, and his efforts to use his influence to promote peace. This revised edition offers new sidebars on subjects of interest, including the tools of physics, biographical profiles, and the recent play and film Copenhagen , which has raised ethical concerns surrounding the relationship between science and society during wartime. Additionally, a new final chapter looks at string theory, the hypothesis that attempts to solve the universal paradoxes that have puzzled so many since Bohr's time.
- Author BiographyRay Spangenburg and Diane Kit Moser have been writing about science for more than 20 years. They are the authors of more than 50 books, including Facts On File's The History of Science set. Former journalists and editors, they have written for numerous magazines, including The Scientist, Science Digest, Space World, and Final Frontier.
- Author(s)Diane Moser,Ray Spangenburg
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Noteb&w photographs & line illustrations, sidebars, further reading, glossary, chronology, internet resources, index
- Weight381 g
- Width162 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Reading AgeGrades 6-12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.