All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhen he was 23 years old, Dale Allison almost died in a car accident. As a result of this experience his ideas about death and the hereafter changed dramatically. In Night Comes Allison wrestles with big questions concerning the last things - What happens to us after we die? Why does death so often terrify us? Armed with his ackwledged expertise in historical and biblical scholarship, Allison offers an engaging, personal exploration of such theological themes as death and fear, resurrection and judgment, and hell and heaven, discussing all these in light of modern science, Scripture, the history of doctrine, and his own experience. As he ponders, explains, criticizes, and creatively imagines - engaging throughout with biblical texts, church fathers, rabbinic scholars, poets, and philosophers - Allison offers fascinating fare that will captivate many a reader's heart and soul.
- Author BiographyDale C. Allison Jr. is Richard J. Dearborn Professor of New Testament at Princeton Theological Seminary. His numerous other books include The Luminous Dusk: Finding God in the Deep, Still Places.
- Author(s)Dale C. Allison
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.