All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The moon shone down on the jungle. Night Monkey climbed up the tree. She clambered and leapt to where Day Monkey slept, And whispered. 'You can't catch me.' Julia Donaldson's much loved picture book can w be enjoyed with true-to-character plush toys of Night Monkey and Day Monkey. Julia's much loved story is about two monkeys who are as different as night and day. Night Monkey and Day Monkey don't think they have much in common. But when they each spend time in the other's opposite worlds, they learn a lot. And they also learn to be the best of friends. One of the finest rhyming picture book stories from the author behind The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom, and What the Ladybird Heard, and beautifully illustrated by Lucy Richards. The beautiful plush toys can be used separately and can also hold hands as the characters do in the picture book. This set is perfect for story-led play, children can re-enact the adventures as they learn about the difference between dark and light. The idea gift for kids of 3 and up! Look out for Julia's new title Spinderella. Julia Donaldson is the best-selling author of The Gruffalo, Spinderella, What The Ladybird Heard. She lives in Glasgow with her husband and spends a lot of time touring the country doing readings, and singing! Lucy Richard's illustrations are much-loved. She has previously illustrated Mairi's Mermaid and wrote and illustrated the picture book The Magic Sky. She lives in Bristol.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson, the 2011-2013 Children's Laureate, is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's most-loved picture books including The Gruffalo, What the Ladybird Heard, Stickman, The Scarecrows' Wedding and Night Monkey, Day Monkey. Julia Donaldson's collaborations with Axel Scheffler have sold millions of copies, and Room on the Broom is now an Academy Award-nominated short film. Julia Donaldson has also collaborated with illustrators David Roberts, Nick Sharratt, Emily Gravett, Rebecca Cobb, and Lydia Monks. She also writes poems, plays, songs and fiction for older children and, together with her husband Malcolm, has performed her wonderful stage shows all over the world. Lucy is originally from Middlesex, she studied at North Wales School of Art & Design at Glyndwr University, and now lives in Devon with her 4 yr old son and fat tabby cat. After winning an award from Hallmark for her final university show, it didn't take long for Lucy to establish herself as a much-loved illustrator within children's books. She has illustrated texts with Michael Morpurgo and Julia Donaldson, as well as writing and illustrating her own book 'The Magic Sky'. In my spare time when I'm not drawing or painting, I love going on outdoor adventures with my little boy, whose imagination is a delight!
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson,Lucy Richards
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- FormatNovelty book
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight192 g
- Width160 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.62
- AU $46.98Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.35Trending at AU $45.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.