All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Scupham's eleventh collection brings his customary elegance and skill to bear on themes as diverse as the Battle of Arras , Kilvert's Diary , and an unexpected encounter with his parents on holiday from the underworld. These parables and truthful fictions explore meeting points and intersections between 'is' and 'was', or 'is' and 'might be'. The centre of the book is a substantial sequence, The Northern Line , where the poet's double, in his old guise as a National Serviceman, takes a journey by ghost train through the 1950s, that hinge of the century when the trouble of great wars gave way to the troubles of a patchwork peace.
- Author BiographyPeter Scupham was born in 1933. With John Mole he founded The Mandeville Press and now lectures, writes, and runs Mermaid Books, a second-hand book business in Norfolk. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Peter Scupham
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight110 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.