All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionFarm girl to aviator in the heroic WWII Russian flying unit the Germans called the Night Witches... June 1941 Nineteen-year old Raisa Tarasova's peaceful life shatters when Hitler's forces invade Russia. Her two brothers immediately enlist in the air corps. Despite Raisa's desire to fly and her many hours of flying time, neither the air corps r her father would allow such a thing. She is, after all, just a girl. In September Raisa returns to her engineering studies at the university in Moscow. Once there, she jumps at the opportunity to join a newly formed women's aviation unit. Wearing men's uniforms hurriedly cut down to fit, Raisa and 300 other female recruits are loaded into railcars and transported to a training base. After six hard months of schooling, Raisa is assigned as a navigator with the all-women Night Bomber Regiment. Their aircraft is the PO-2, a biplane made of wood and fabric. Months later, after a night of heavy losses, Raisa is given a field promotion and the new responsibility of pilot. She has choice but to carry out her orders and face down a most significant enemy...her own fear. Courage, an impossible romance, and a daring rescue only a woman would devise become part of Raisa's new life as a member of the 588th Night Bomber Aviation Regiment, the NIGHT WITCHES.
- Author BiographyS.J. McCormack was drawn to flying and writing at an early age. It was only a matter of time and inspiration until her two passions collided. Her first novel, Night Witch, was the result of this union. S.J. has a Master's Degree in Education and has retired from teaching high school English, American literature and middle school language arts. She is also a Certified Flight Instructor. As a Board member of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association she helps develop programs and co-directs the annual literary contest.
- Author(s)S J McCormack
- PublisherSandra McCormack
- Date of Publication12/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSandra McCormack
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.