All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry. In her brilliant debut collection, NIGHTS I LET THE TIGER GET YOU, Elizabeth Cantwell excavates layers of contemporary anxiety to reveal that Blake's Tyger has been, all along, that rough beast slouching toward us, and is in fact w living among us with an unsettling intimacy in both our unconscious and daily lives. Elizabeth Cantwell's poems hor the disjunctions of voice and dislocations of consciousness present in our century, and their elegant and lumius shards glint in the darkness like the Tyger's stripes. These exquisite reflections form a kind of handbook of post-apocalyptic forms, as the most psychologically fraught aspects of our dreams slowly emerge as the actual landscapes of our lives. David St. John
- Author BiographyElizabeth Cantwell lives in Los Angeles, where she is finishing her PhD in Literature & Creative Writing at the University of Southern California. She has acted as Managing Editor of Gold Line Press, a USC-affiliated organization that publishes poetry and fiction chapbooks. Her poems have recently appeared in such publications as Anti-, PANK, The Los Angeles Review, La Petite Zine, and the Indiana Review. Elizabeth's first book of poetry, Nights I Let The Tiger Get You, was a finalist for the 2012 Hudson Prize.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Cantwell
- PublisherBlack Lawrence Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Lawrence Press
- Weight283 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.