CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionInNikolai and the Others Richard Nelson imagines the relationships between Balanchine and Stravinsky, their friends, lovers, wives and ex-wives, supporters, and dancers (including Maria Tallchief and Nicholas Magallanes), at the time of their historic collaboration on the ballet Orpheus. Later that year, Orpheus would be the spectacular inaugural production of the newly formed New York City Ballet. The play also explores the controversial ways American art and artistic institutions were funded at the outset of the Cold War--including the subtle hand of the State Department in the post-war cultural scene.
- Author BiographyRichard Nelson is an award-winning playwright whose work for the stage includes Some Americans Abroad, Two Shakespearean Actors, James Joyce s The Dead and the acclaimed Apple family play cycle. His screenplays include Ethan Frome and Hyde Park on Hudson.
- Author(s)Richard Nelson
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight141 g
- Width142 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.