All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes stories from Cambodia to Israel-Palestine, nine stories from individuals standing up for their rights. 'You can cut the flower, but you cant stop the coming of spring.' Malalai Joya, the young member of the Afghan parliament, refuses to let injustice go unchallenged. Her words reflect the irrepressible attitudes and actions of all the women and men who tell their stories here. Nine Lives presents the life stories of people who have been confronted with seemingly insurmountable obstacles, opposition and oppression. Whether it is human rights activist Harry Wu, who spent nineteen years in Chinese labour camps, or Nobel laureate and President of Costa Rica, Oscar Arias Sanchez, each of the nine voices has confronted an urgent and inescapable need to dig deep, either to rescue themselves or to forge a fresh way forward for others.
- Author BiographyPeter Braaksma has worked as an editor, communications advisor and journalist in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Peter Braaksma
- PublisherNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.