All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1993, 10 contemporary Chinese artists debuted at the 45th Venice Biennale. The reception was lukewarm: people wanted to kw if and when the Chinese avant-garde would cut through certain quaint tions of oriental mystique and evolve a distinct identity. Today, contemporary Chinese art is everywhere, and the invations of the artists in this volume are w recognized as primary catalysts for the contemporary scene. Nine Lives: The Birth of Avant-Garde Art in New China, first published in 2005 and w available in a revised edition, focuses on the stories of nine individuals who set it all in motion--Wang Guangyi, Geng Jianyi, Fang Lijun, Gu Dexin, Li Shan, Zhang Xiaogang, Xu Bing, Zhang Peili and Wang Jianwei. Now in its second edition, this insightful study is standard reading for anyone interested in contemporary Chinese art. Every chapter is fully illustrated with images chronicling the artists' youth, their mature work, the effects of international acclaim and the impact of the commercial art world.
- PublisherTimezone 8
- Date of Publication15/03/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintTimezone 8
- Weight1814 g
- Width200 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.