Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionWomen in the nineteenth century wrote--prolifically and memorably. The original and provocative essays in this collection address a variety of aspects of the life and literature of nineteenth-century writers of distinction, who happened to be women and sometimes wrote from a women's point of view, but who always reflected the world in which they lived. The majority of the contributions are devoted to detailed analysis of the themes in the literature itself, primarily in the areas of intellectual conditioning, male-female relationships, social imperatives, and spiritual questions. The collection as a whole provides a framework for twentieth-century readers so that they may draw instructive conclusions about women's lives in the previous century.
- Author Biographythan /f Rhoda /i B. /r ed.
- Author(s)Rhoda B. Nathan
- Date of Publication12/11/1986
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContributions in Women's Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 69
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.