All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionNitrogen is an essential element for plant growth. During the green revolution nitrogenfertilisation was responsible for spectacular yield increases. At present yield is balanced with commitments towards the environment and sustainable agriculture. For agro-biotechlogy comprehensive kwledge of plant functioning is needed. Yield improvement and accumulation of essential nitrogen compounds is relying on selection and gene techlogies. Research on the uptake, acquisition and assimilation of nitrogen, as well as the synthesis and storage of reserve and defence N-compounds, therefore, is essential. The third volume in the Plant Ecophysiology series integrates functional and molecular physiology with ecophysiological and sustainable agricultural approaches to get a better understanding of the regulation and the impact of environmental and stress signals on nitrogen acquisition and assimilation. The book is of interest for advanced students and junior researchers and supplies comprehensive information for scientists working in the field of nitrogen metabolism and readers interested in sustainable development.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/02/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitlePlant Ecophysiology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight625 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byIneke Stulen,Sara Amancio
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.