Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn No. 5 Culture Chanel, Jean-Louis Froment plays homage to the legendary Gabrielle Chanel and her most iconic fragrance. Designed to complement the exhibit Ndegree5 Culture Chanel at the Palais de Tokyo in Paris, Froment's tome traces Mademoiselle Chanel's artistic influences and establishes Chanel Ndegree5's integral role in the avant-garde art of the early 20th century. Able to call Cocteau and Dali friends, Gabrielle Chanel lived in the heart of Parisian modernist movements. No. 5 Culture Chanel reveals the intimate links between Mademoiselle Chanel's fabled fragrance and the rising tide of cubist and surrealist art. Lavishly designed with stunning photographs and illustrations, No. 5 Culture Chanel offers a glimpse into both the storied Chanel house and the artistic landscape of Paris in the 1920s. Photographs of Mademoiselle Chanel are displayed alongside the works of Modigliani and Picasso and the writings of Apollinare and Proust.
- Author BiographyJean-Louis Froment curated the exhibit Ndegree5 Culture Chanel at the Palais de Tokyo in Paris. He is also the founder of the CAPC Musee d'Art Contemporain in Bordeaux and the artistic director of the Fondation Prince Pierre de Monaco.
- Author(s)Jean-Louis Froment
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note250 full-colour images
- Weight4400 g
- Width222 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsWith translucent dust cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.