Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRose Chan, Queen of Striptease at just 27 years old, enthralled men young and old in the heyday of cabaret in 1950s Malaya. Her accidental shot to fame, thanks to a wardrobe malfunction in which her bra snapped, catapulted her into the limelight. In No Bed of Roses, Cecil Rajendra pens an account of her life - her childhood in Soochow, China, and then in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, her five marriages and personal struggles, how she circumvented the colonial decency laws that forbade nudity, and finally her fight with cancer that took her life in 1987 at the age of 62.
- Author BiographyCecil Rajendra is a lawyer by profession but a poet by compulsion. He read law at the University of Singapore and Lincoln's Inn, London. He is in private practice and has served on the Malaysian Bar Council as Chairman of the Human Rights and Legal Aid Committees. Cecil is also a poet of international repute. His poems have been published and broadcast in over 50 countries and been translated into several languages. His classic satirical poem on security laws The Animal & Insect Act attracted over three million hits on the Internet. He was the first recipient of the Malaysian Lifetime Humanitarian Award for his inspirational poetry and pioneering legal aid work.
- Author(s)Cecil Rajendra
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Width198 mm
- Height130 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.