CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Aboriginal peoples of Australia have been making art for centuries, but only recently have their achievements been given the curatorial attention they deserve. This book examines the work of nine rewned Aboriginal artists, who transform traditional practices and lore into dynamic contemporary artworks. Each of these artists is represented in depth, with stunning reproductions and thoughtful analysis by art historians, curators, critics and anthropologists. These writings and illustrations introduce readers to the ways contemporary Aboriginal artists are forging a distinctive new path, creating some of the finest abstract paintings of our time. Published in association with the Nevada Museum of Art.
- Author BiographyHenry F. Skerritt has written extensively on contemporary Aboriginal art, and is editor-in-chief of the journal Contemporaneity. Jens Hoffmann is Deputy Director and Head of Exhibitions and Public Programs at the Jewish Museum in New York City. William Fox is Director for the Center for Art + Environment at the Nevada Museum of Art in Reno, Nevada.
- Author(s)Henry F. Skerritt,Jens Hoffmann,William Fox
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Content Note105
- Weight1383 g
- Width250 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.