All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis little gem of a memoir describes Pusan of South Korea in the mid-1990s. A decade when western English teachers descended upon, meandered about, and discovered a place within an ever more modern Korean society. From the point-of-view of Adam Wanderson, you will be led on a first-person narrative of the job, the experiences, the landscape, the expat scenes, and the many colorful western characters that made their way to Korea, to make a new home. All the while, Adam struggles with separating entirely from his past, or entirely embracing the new.
- Author BiographyKevin M Maher first arrived in South Korea for a one year stint in 1996, but continued to live there off and on over the next few decades. Korea never entirely left him, and some of the characters that found their way into his book, continue to frequent the bars, the streets, and the alleys of Busan and Seoul to this day. Now, all of them will be eternally memorialized, as they'll come alive in your own mind as your experience No Couches in Korea. Kevin M Maher grew up in eighteen houses in ten towns across the state of Michigan by the time he was eighteen years old. After university, he moved to many more apartments in other states including New York, California, Arizona, Oregon, and Minnesota. Those relocations catapulted more movement across more apartments and cities in Asia, Europe, and South America. South Korea was one of the longest lingering locations that attracted him back a multitude of times. He currently once again resides within South Korea striking range, in the comfortable city of Macau. View kevinmaher.com to keep updated on future works.
- Author(s)Kevin M Maher
- PublisherKevin M Maher
- Date of Publication02/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKevin M Maher
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $36.92Trending at AU $44.25
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $10.17Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.