All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClass conflict and a personal battle for understanding and acceptance are explored in this thought-provoking vel, set in 1937. Us two have to stick together. Against fathers. And families. In the mining town of Culverton, workers are clashing with their bosses. Lennie's father is the Union secretary, a troublemaker . Ralph's father is the boss, despised by his workers. Despite their very different backgrounds, Lennie and Ralph strike up a friendship, a happy escape from their own and their families' troubles. But how strong is their alliance - really? While his dad fights injustice at the mine, Lennie finds that he too must battle prejudice, lies and betrayal, pushing his friendship with Ralph swiftly towards breaking point.
- Author BiographyAnn Turnbull has always loved reading and knew from the age of ten that she wanted to be a writer. Her numerous books for young readers include Pigeon Summer, Room for a Stranger, Alice in Love and War, as well as her Quaker trilogy - No Shame, No Fear (shortlisted for the Guardian Children's Book Award and Whitbread Award) Forged in the Fire and Seeking Eden. For younger children, she has also written Greek Myths, illustrated by Sarah Young. Ann lives in Madeley, near Telford, Shropshire. Visit her website at www.annturnbull.com.
- Author(s)Ann Turnbull
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight124 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.