All listings for this product
About this product
- Description*Ten years on from 9/11, much of the Muslim faith remains largely unkwn and misunderstood in the West. *While there have been a number of successful books on the topic of Islamic history - from Karen Armstrong's Islam: A Brief History to Bernard Lewis's The Crises of Islam - there is surprisingly book for a popular audience about Islam as a religion, let alone one by an author from an Islamic background. *No God But God fills that gap, addressing issues of belief: the difference between the Quran and the Bible, the meaning of the Hajj, the Muslim relationship with Jesus, the Muslim attitude towards Jews, equality between the sexes and more. * This revised and updated edition includes a wealth of new material and new chapters covering recent uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya; the changing face of Islam in Europe and North Africa; and a number of topics of heated debate (the veil controversy; Islam & women; Iraq War as a Jihadi recruiting agent etc).
- Author BiographyReza Aslan is a comparative religions scholar from Harvard, who is also a graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop. At Harvard, he was elected president of Harvard's chapter of the World Conference on Religion and Peace, a UN organisation committed to global understanding. Currently teaching an introductory course on Islam at Iowa, Aslan is also at work on a novel.
- Author(s)Reza Aslan
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.