CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionMary Bouton can hardly believe anyone would want to live in a town without churches or God. But James, her young physician husband, is enthusiastic about Liberal, a new community being built in southwest Missouri. He sees an opportunity to start a medical practice, but Mary and their daughter, Bertha, are less than excited to leave the only home they have ever kwn. Even so, in a matter of weeks, the Bouton family is on their way to Liberal-a town that greets Christians at the depot with a sign that instructs them to get back on the train and separates Christians and free thinkers with a barbed wire fence. The years pass, and the Boutons immerse themselves in daily life in their new home. Then, tragedy strikes; their son, Claude, becomes the rst person to be buried in Liberal, a town w labeled an atheist, in del community. As they helplessly watch their daughter, Bertha, blame herself for Claude's death and searches endlessly for answers, the Boutons hope that one day, they can live in a peaceful community that embraces the goodness of God. No God, No Hell, No Churches, No Saloons is a compelling historical tale of love, family bonds, and the determination of a family to succeed in a town undergoing great change.
- Author(s)Kay Rose
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.