All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if there was a time when things slowed down? No rotations, activities, or worksheets-just you, your kids, and books. Would you take it? -Debbie Miller and Barbara Moss We kw children learn to read by reading. Is independent reading valuable eugh to use precious classroom minutes on? Yes, writes Debbie Miller and Barbara Moss, but only if that time is purposeful. DEAR and SSR aren't eugh. Research shows that independent reading must be accompanied by intentional instruction and conferring. Debbie and Barbara clear a path for you to take informed action that makes a big difference, with: a rationale for independent reading that's worth finding the time for research evidence on its effectiveness and instructional best practices a framework with 10 teaching tactics for starting and sustaining success. When we set children loose day after day with focus or support, it can lead to fake reading and disengagement, write Debbie and Barbara. It's our job to equip children with the tools they need when we're t there. Read No More Independent Reading Without Support and find out how. About the Not This, But That Series No More Independent Reading Without Support is part of the Not This, But That series, edited by Nell K. Duke and Ellin Oliver Keene. It helps teachers examine common, ineffective classroom practices and replace them with practices supported by research and professional wisdom. In each book a practicing educator and an education researcher identify an ineffective practice; summarize what the research suggests about why; and detail research-based, proven practices to replace it and improve student learning. Read a sample chapter from No More Independent Reading Without Support.
- Author(s)Barbara Moss,Debbie Miller
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNot This But That
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Notefigures
- Weight145 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byEllin Oliver Keene,Nell K Duke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.