All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionSigned edition. So, you think you kw Joey Barton. Think again. No Nonsense is a game-changing autobiography which will redefine the most fascinating figure in British football. It is the raw yet redemptive story of a man shaped by rejection and the consequences of his mistakes. He has represented England, and been a pivotal player for Manchester City, Newcastle United, Queens Park Rangers, Marseille, Burnley and w Glasgow Rangers, but his career has featured recurring controversy. The low point of being sent to prison for assault in 2008 proved to be the catalyst for the re-evaluation of his life. No Nonsense reflects Barton's character - it is candid, challenging, entertaining and intelligent. He does t spare himself, in revealing the formative influences of a tough upbringing in Liverpool, and gives a survivor's insight into a game which, to use his phrase, 'eats people alive'. The book is emotionally driven, and explains how he has redirected his energies since the birth of his children. In addition to dealing with his past, he expands on his plans for the future. The millions who follow his commentaries on social media, and those who witnessed him on BBC's Question Time, will be given ather reason to pause, and look beyond the caricature.
- Author BiographyJoey Barton was born in Huyton, Merseyside, in 1982 and has played football for Manchester City, Newcastle United, QPR, Marseille, Burnley and Glasgow Rangers winning one cap for England. A controversial figure who was involved in numerous altercations, he was sentenced to six months in prison in 2008 for assault. More recently, Barton has appeared on BBC's Question Time and developed a huge following on social media.
- Author(s)Joey Barton
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Note2 x 8pp colour plates
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementSpecial Signed Edition, Signed Edition for Waterstones, Amazon, WHS
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.