All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionJoining the Air Force in the 1970s meant almost certain deployment to Southeast Asia at a time when the United States was at war with cultural change. Women's rights, the drug culture, antiwar protests, and Watergate issues captured the media while the military faced what many w label America's least popular war. The main character in No Other Choice, as in Hillenbrand's blockbuster book Unbroken, faces his plane being shot down and torture as a POW. The setting for the story, however, is the last months of the Vietnam War. Sergeant Jake Lemaster, a B-52 tail gunner, escapes from captivity in Laos with the help of a brave Hmong warrior. When he returns to the States, he must face the demons that haunt him, learn to live again, and discover how to forgive. It's also a great story of love and faith overcoming adversity. Jake and his wife, Donna, face the challenges of separation during his captivity. Donna forges a way into corporate America at the time when few women aspired to leadership roles. As a couple, they seek to find meaning and purpose for the terrible things that happen to them and the people they love.
- Author BiographyJames Richard Milstead served in the USAF (1971-1975) as a B-52 tail gunner. He flew 59 combat missions from air bases in Thailand and Guam during the Vietnam War. After completing four years of military service, Milstead attended Southern Illinois University where he received his undergraduate degree in Physiology in 1979 and his medical degree from the SIU School of Medicine in 1982. Dr. Milstead works as an emergency physician and lives with his wife, Becky, in Frankfort, Indiana. He and his wife have three children and seven grandchildren. He has been involved in short-term Christian mission work around the world for more than twenty years. He is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Hope in the Harvest Missions International, a non-profit organization working in Liberia to promote agricultural and personal. Dr. Milstead is the author of Answering The Call: The Story Of Grace On Wings, The Nation's Only Charity Air Ambulance. The book was published in 2013 by Xulon Press and received a Christian Writer's Award. He has served as Medical Director for the ministry of Grace on Wings since its inception in 2006.
- Author(s)James R Milstead
- PublisherJames R. Milstead
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJames R. Milstead
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKaren Roberts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.