All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionNo Permanent Scars reads how creative nfiction should read: Like fiction. Like nfiction. Like memoir. Like humor. Like literature. Like life. It's about childhood, adulthood, the neighborhood and what it means to be a kid, a parent, a teacher, a human. Michael Hemery illuminates an honest working-class existence, offering both the sober realities of class discrimination and the humor and love of family. Intertwined with serious issues such as suicide, alcoholism, abuse, religion, and immigration, Hemery also endures a painfully slow and often naive coming of age (he once mistook an obvious prostitute for an office supply store employee). This is going to be the best book you'll read this year.
- Author BiographyMichael Hemery is the nonfiction editor for Hunger Mountain and earned his MFA from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. He currently resides in Cleveland, Ohio, with his wife Stacie Leatherman and son.
- Author(s)Michael Hemery
- PublisherSilenced Press
- Date of Publication27/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSilenced Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.