All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionCome, take this exciting, romantic ride through a bygone era. Miss Uniontown 1951 is an endearing, coming of age memoir of a decade that Plus Hall characterizes (t without reason), as hers. Within these pages, she captures the incence, the charm and the promise of a young woman on the edge of her adulthood. In her sweet, bouncy style, Plus shares her journey from beauty queen, to nursing school, to a romance with Pop Star Rudi Magueri of The Crew-Cuts, when her dreams were shattered by a phone call. Her story is chronicled through newspaper clippings, original love letters and photos that perfectly evoke the style and attitude of the decade. How she coped with life's hurdles is retold here through a keen memory for detail, from an amazing woman. Don't miss this treasure of a time capsule that will have you rifling through the attic for your own cherished memorabilia.
- Author BiographyPlaceda (Plus) Conteen Hall was crowned Miss Uniontown, Pennsylvania in 1951, during the summer after her senior year. She graduated from Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh in 1954. She practiced nursing in Coral Gables, FL, Uniontown Hospital, Doctor's Hospital, in New York, New York Hospital (Cornell Medical Center), Milwaukee County General, and St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT. She married the love of her life, Dr. Frank Hall, in September 1958, who was a surgical resident when they married and became a very well know surgeon in Hartford and surrounding areas. They had three wonderful daughters; Susan, Kelly, and Kerry. She now lives in West Hartford, Connecticut and Naples, Florida. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Plus Conteen Hall
- PublisherAdvantage Media Group
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Media Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.