All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.07Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe temperature in Midbury, Montana, is hovering at 40 below zero, wolves are howling, and the town is smoldering with a strip-mining debate that quickly exceeds the bounds of polite discussion. The ranchers are t about to see their land destroyed, and as the miners' trailers roll into town the tension rises. Sheriff Chick Charleston has the task of calming the hotheads on both sides and making sure the law is carried out. His earnest sidekick, Jason Beard, is back with him, but the department is short-handed and Jase is instructed to find ather deputy. It says something about Charleston's problems that the likeliest candidate is bantam Ike Doolittle, up before Judge Bolster on a charge you wouldn't believe if we told you. Ritual cattle killings and environmental strip-mining hearings pale in significance when a murder takes place at the Chicken Shack, the miners' hangout, launching Sheriff Charleston and Jase on a new mystery chase that will keep readers guessing.
- Author BiographyA. B. Guthrie Jr. (1901-91) was a historian and novelist whose 1949 book The Way West won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction. A sequel to his two earlier works, Wild Pitch and The Genuine Article (also available in Bison Books editions), No Second Wind is vintage Guthrie at his best.
- Author(s)A. B. Guthrie
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Weight245 g
- Width3429 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.