All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems collected in No Tear is Commonplace stage a passionate, curious, and often combative relationship with the world and the forces that shape human life and death. Stanley Moss's range is wide: his poetry recalls the 'Adirondack wilderness' of childhood summers, imagines a young Christ learning carpentry, reflects on the tragedies of twentieth-century Europe. What shines through is the poet's commitment to the fullness of human experience in the here-and-w.
- Author BiographyStanley Moss was born in 1925 and educated at Yale. After serving in World War II he taught English in Barcelona and Rome, where he became familiar with the religious and mythical figures that appear in his work. He is the critically acclaimed author of The Skull of Adam (1979), The Intelligence of Clouds (1989), Asleep in the Garden (1997), A History of Color (2003), New and Selected Poems (2006), Rejoicing (2009), and God Breaketh Not All Men's Hearts Alike (2011). In 1977 Moss founded Sheep Meadow Press devoted to poetry, with a focus on international poets in translation. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Stanley Moss
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width132 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.