Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.53
- AU $50.00Trending at AU $70.59
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.38
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.79
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.23
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.80
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Abdu Khalid initiates a pattern of terrorist attacks across the United States, it's left to CIA agents Vinnie Paga and Gretchen Iverson to stop the madman at all costs. Pursued by Paga and Iverson, Khalid and al-Qaeda operatives infiltrate the country by taking advantage of the confusion among the many intelligence agencies and causing nationwide death and destruction. With the threat of the United States becoming a Muslim state, Vinnie and Gretchen must stop at thing in order to protect the American way of life. No Where to Hide is a tense new thriller packed with covert espionage, gripping action, and a small dose of truth. Highlighting the deficiencies of border security, the ease in which the country could be infiltrated, and the conflict among al-Qaeda leadership, this vel by Herbert F. Pandiscio touches upon legitimate national defense issues while infusing large doses of exhilarating fiction. The vel was inspired by an incident in 2003 in Milan when the Central Intelligence Agency abducted a leading world terrorist and which subsequently caused the Italian government to issue arrest warrants for the twenty six CIA agents involved in the abduction. The Italian government was angered and embarrassed that the United States would kidnap a foreign national on sovereign soil and intended to punish the CIA agents. No Where to Hide fictionalizes the continuation of the Milan abduction in an enthralling story where the good guys are kwn from the outset, and the true excitement lies in the pursuit and explosive ending. In a story where every second matters, this contemporary thriller keeps readers on the edge while barreling them towards a dramatic and incendiary finale. It is written in the style of Daniel Silva, Vince Flynn, and David Baldacci. Amidst the unsettling terror plot, the romantic tension between Vinnie and Gretchen is a welcomed distraction from the suspense Abdu Khalid creates. As an atypical CIA recruit, Vinnie is street smart, tough, battled proven in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a blue collar agent who is never short on heroism or women. Inevitably, he finds himself in a tense love triangle between Gretchen and Sharon Rizzo that will keep readers intrigued by the intimate struggle amidst the terror and destruction. With wonderful characterization, the vel creates heroes and villains you can believe in while placing them in scenarios that show their true nature. The two agents are empowered for their mission of finding and killing Abdu Khalid by the brilliant and beautiful Elizabeth English, the Deputy Director of the CIA, who has plans of her own for Vinnie. A contemporary espionage thriller written for today's world, No Where to Hide hooks readers with alarming suspense and surprising humanity. It is without regard for their personal safety that Vinnie and Gretchen pursue Khalid across the country and it is within but minutes to spare that they prevent the terrorist from destroying America's greatest symbol of liberty, freedom and military might. Readers of No Where to Hide will see themselves in one of the many heroic and patriotic characters.
- Author BiographyPandiscio's formal education consists of a bachelor's degree, master's degree, and a doctorate in education. Following a successful career as superintendent of schools in a high performing district, he went on to be an educational search consultant for the next fifteen years. Pandiscio has published three non-fiction books in the field of education and authored numerous research and position papers while working with over one hundred school districts. He was adjunct professor of education at the graduate level for seven years.
- Author(s)Herbert F Pandiscio
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.