Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.61
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.18
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.76
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.83Trending at AU $8.33
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.62
About this product
- DescriptionLou Bertignac has an IQ of 160 and a good friend called Lucas who gets her through the school day. At home her father cries in secret in the bathroom and her mother hasn't been out of the house properly for years. But Lou is about to change her life - and that of her parents - for good, all because of a school project she decides to do about the homeless. Through the project Lou meets No, a teenage girl living on the streets. As their friendship grows, Lou cant bear that No is still on the streets when she goes back home - even if it is to a home that is saddened and desolate. So she asks her parents if No can come to live with them. To her astonishment, her parents - eventually - agree. No's presence forces Lou and her parents to finally face the sadness that has enveloped them. But No has disruptive as well as positive effects. Can this shaky, newfound family continue to live together? A tense, brilliant vel tackling the true meaning of home and homelessness.
- Author BiographyDelphine de Vigan is French and lives in Paris. Having published several adult novels, this is her first novel for young adults. No and Me was awarded the Prix des Libraires 2008 (The Booksellers' Prize). Delphine's forthcoming novel for Bloomsbury, Underground Time, was one of the four finalists for the Prix Goncourt - the French equivalent of the Booker Prize. George Miller is a regular translator for Le Monde diplomatique's English-language edition. He is also the translator of Conversations with my Gardener by Henri Cueco and Inside Al-Qaeda by Mohammed Sifaoui.
- Author(s)Delphine de Vigan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date22/10/2016
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementYoung adult ed
- Reading AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.