CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1942 and the Jews are being deported from Belgium. Separated from his parents, seven-year-old Joseph must go into hiding. He is taken in the dead of night to an orphanage, the Villa Jaune, where the benign and enigmatic Father Pons presides over a motley assortment of children. With the ever-present threat of the Gestapo growing closer, Joseph learns that the secret of survival is to conceal his Jewish heritage. Soon Joseph also discovers that Father Pons has a secret of his own: he is risking his life t only for the boys in his care, but for the Jewish faith itself. Sensitive, funny and deeply humane, Noah's Child is a simple fable that reveals the complexities of faith, bravery and the human condition.
- Author BiographyEric-Emmanuel Schmitt is an internationally bestselling French author and playwright. Noah's Child is the fourth novel in his popular series Cycle de l'Invisible about childhood and religion. He lives in Brussels.
- Author(s)Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight108 g
- Width129 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byAdriana Hunter
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.