Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I found it difficult to understand when other children talked of having nightmares in their sleep. For me sleep was the only time when I felt truly safe. The nightmares I dreaded were always waiting for me when I awoke.'Michael Seed should have received what every child deserves: love, care and attention, and the chance to be just what he was - an incent young boy. Instead, from as far back as he can remember, Michael's childhood was thing but a daily ordeal. His fight for survival against a brutal and emotionally deranged father threatened to destroy his childish incence and break his potent young spirit.He was starved, tortured, and forced to become a sex slave to his father at the age of five, and, after his mother's horrific suicide, fell victim to constant and terrible bullying at school. Grandparents, who might have offered protection and love, added to his misery and bruises with callous and calculated cruelty and for years he lived with the constant idea of his own suicide.Yet despite this appalling start in life Michael refused to surrender, and with incredible resilience and determination grew up to become hugely successful and influential in both the church and the secular world. After a lifetime of silence, he w feels able to tell a story that, although shockingly painful, is a blazing testament to one human's raw courage, and his remarkable ability to finally triumph over the horrors of a stolen childhood.This book will assist the NSPCC, the Cardinal Hume Centre for young people at risk and The Passage centre for the homeless.
- Author BiographyMichael Seed has served as a Franciscan Friar for 25 years.
- Author(s)Michael Seed
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.