All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Czechoslovakia, Mark Slouka's parents survived the Nazis only to be forced to then escape the Communist purges after the war. Smuggled out of their own country, the newlyweds joined a tide of refugees moving from Innsbruck to Sydney to New York, dragging with them a history of blood and betrayal that their son would be born into. From World War I to the present, Slouka pieces together a remarkable story of refugees and war, displacement and denial, admitting into evidence memories, dreams, stories, the lies we inherit and the lies we tell-in an attempt to reach his mother, the figure at the center of the labyrinth. Her story-the revelation of her life-long burden and the forty-year love affair that might have saved her-shows the way out of the maze.
- Author BiographyMark Slouka is the author of works of fiction including Brewster, Lost Lake, a New York Times Notable Book, and The Visible World, a finalist for the British Book Award. His essay collection, Essays from the Nick of Time, was the winner of the PEN/Diamonstein-Speilvogel Award.
- Author(s)Mark Slouka
- PublisherHighBridge Audio
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHighBridge Audio
- Weight181 g
- Width165 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Narrator(s)Tom Zingarelli
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time600
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.