All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNobu's restaurants are kwn the world over for the quality of their ingredients and for the skill and originality with which the food is prepared and presented. Now, in this first cookbook by Nobu to focus on vegetable dishes, the master chef shares his expertise and deep kwledge of Japanese cuisine in sixty recipes that showcase vegetables in all their variety. Throughout the book, the emphasis is on fine and healthy Japanese dining. Nobu uses a wide range of cooking techniques--from marinating and pickling to steaming, roasting, boiling, frying, grating, etc.--to bring out the full flavors and textures of the vegetables. He also introduces tofu and yuba, both traditional Japanese ingredients made from soybeans, and offers ten recipes for vegetable sweets and fifteen for cocktails.
- Author BiographyNobu Matsuhisa, born in Japan, was classically trained in a sushi restaurant in Tokyo before he headed to Peru. He then went on to successive ventures in Argentina, Alaska, and L.A., where he opened Matsuhisa in 1987. Seven years later, Robert De Niro persuaded him to open Nobu New York City. Since then, he has opened 25 more restaurants around the world. In recognition of his influence on cooking worldwide, Time magazine chose him as one of Asia s Heroes in 2005. He has appeared as a guest on numerous television shows, including The Martha Stewart Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Today Show, and others. Masashi Kuma is a James Beard Award nominated photographer.
- Author(s)Nobu Matsuhisa
- PublisherPIE Books
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintPIE Books
- Content Note160 Colour
- Weight975 g
- Width267 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.