All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionHere we encounter the controlled madness of two men, one a former cop, the other a misfit and killer of women. The ex-cop Thomas Haftmann, formerly of Cleveland Homicide, is recently divorced and working as a private investigator in the resort town of Jefferson-on-the-Lake. Barely surviving financially, and haunted by his own twin demons of gambling and alcohol, Haftmann gets swept up in the statewide manhunt for a killer who meets women on swingers' Internet sites and kills them. Ohio police are finding headless bodies displayed in bizarre poses. Sensationalized in the tabloid press as the Jack-in-the-Box Killer for leaving severed heads at murder scenes, Lonnie Dale Nelson carries with him a voice in his head (his angel) that grows stronger as his madness intensifies over the course of the year-long manhunt. And Haftmann's own mental instability is accelerating as the trail leading to Nelson grows warmer.
- Author BiographyRobb White lives in Northeastern Ohio close to the house where he grew up. Many of his crime stories feature private investigator Thomas Haftmann, the protagonist of two earlier novels: Haftmann's Rules (2011) and Saraband for a Runaway (2013). A third novel, When You Run with Wolves, was published in 2015. He has a collection of short stories titled Out of Breath and Other Stories (2013) that mixes mainstream and crime fiction. Until he retired from college teaching this year, White wrote book reviews and conducted interviews for the print magazine Boxing World. His short story Frotteur in the Dark was selected by the editors of 10,000 Tons of Black Ink of Chicago as one of 6 Best Of for 2009. Special Collections, an ebook crime novel featuring a female detective and an obese academic book thief, won the Electronic Book Competition of 2014 hosted by New Rivers Press (Mankato State University at Moorhead, MN).
- Author(s)Robb White
- PublisherNew Pulp Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Pulp Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.