All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionNoise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) is the most common occupational illness in the United States, with 30 million workers exposed to excessive ise levels every day. Of particular concern is the mining industry; which has the highest prevalence of hazardous ise exposure of any major industry sector and is second only to the railroad industry in prevalence of workers reporting hearing difficulty. This document is for operators, safety personnel, and mechanics in the mining industry who are t specialists in ise control engineering or acoustics. Evaluations of successful and unsuccessful attempts at controlling ise on several large, underground metal mining machines are detailed to illustrate the basic principles of ise control. Once personnel understand the guidelines and principles of ise control, they will be able to evaluate the extent of a ise problem; determine the best approach to the problem; and apply the most appropriate solution. Because of the insidious nature of NIHL, it can go unticed until a considerable loss of hearing has occurred. In some cases, diagsis is delayed because an exposed individual claims to have become accustomed to the ise. In reality, that person may have already suffered irreversible hearing loss.
- Author(s)Centers for Disease Cont And Prevention,Department of Health and Human Services,National Institute Fo Safety and Health
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.