All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNoise is a model of cultural historiography. . . . In its general theoretical argument on the relations of culture to ecomy, but also in its specialized concentration, Noise has much that is of importance to critical theory today. SubStance For Attali, music is t simply a reflection of culture, but a harbinger of change, an anticipatory abstraction of the shape of things to come. The book's title refers specifically to the reception of musics that sonically rival rmative social orders. Noise is Attali's metaphor for a broad, historical vanguardism, for the radical soundscapes of the western continuum that express structurally the course of social development. EthmusicologyJacques Attali is the author of numerous books, including Millennium: Winners and Losers in the Coming World Order and Labyrinth in Culture and Society.
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1985
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleTheory & History of Literature S.
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Weight280 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJacques Attali
- Translated byBrian Massumi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.