Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionBased on extensive and diverse material from 70 languages, and covering a range of previously undiscussed problems, this book provides a thorough analysis of how minalization types interact with other structural features. It focuses on action minal constructions, and in particular, the comparison of their syntactic structure with that of finite clauses and of other un phrases, a problem which has claimed much attention in current syntactic theories. Supported by rich empirical material and clearly illustrated with examples from all the sample languages, the book provides a detailed and consistent basis for constructing a typology of derived constructions and for presenting cross-linguistic comparisons.
- Author(s)Maria Koptjevskaja-Tamm
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/1993
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.