All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionNON CONVENTIONAL AND RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES are important in this era of fossil fuel depletion and environmental degradation. This book covers various alternative and renewable energy sources such as solar energy, tidal energy, ocean energy, geothermal energy, biomass energy, hydropower, and wind energy in detail with their applications. The global scenario on renewable energy has been discussed along with the prominent differences. One of the challenges faced by the renewable energy is its ecomic viability and this has been highlighted at length along with examples. Various applications of renewable energy in rural, urban and semi-urban areas and for variety of markets like industrial, commercial and domestic have also been discussed in great detail. The importance of solar energy has been prominently highlighted along with its different manifestations such as solar collectors, solar ponds, photovoltaics along with detailed thermodynamic analysis. The nuclear energy which is wadays very controversial has been reviewed with its pros and cons and several types of nuclear reactors have been discussed with their usage patterns all over the world. Each renewable energy system has minimal environmental impact and reduces the carbon footprint of the world, such as the geothermal systems which have been elaborated in detail along with their applications. An additional highlight is the extensive coverage of new energy concepts for future clean mobility such as hybrid electric vehicles and Fuel cell vehicles. The infrastructure required, deployment strategies and emission benefits of the electric hybrids and fuel cell vehicles have been incorporated in this text. The importance of Hydrogen as a future freedom fuel has been stressed through an in depth review of its storage, handling and combustion. This book attempts to inform the reader regarding the various renewable energy options.
- Author BiographyS. S. Thipse.: General Manager, Power Train Engineering The Automotive Research Association of India, Kothrud, Pune
- Author(s)S. S. Thipse
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.