All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWINNER of the 2017 Axiom Business Silver Medal in Business Theory! The ALL NEW 2017 edition of the Wall Street Journal bestseller Non-Obvious featuring 15 NEW trends and updated ratings of over 60 previously predicted trends! What unexpected insights can a holographic Holocaust survivor and a Japanese film about soy sauce offer us about career development? How do self-repairing airplane wings, touch-enabled skinterface tattoos and smart locks predict the next trillion dollar industry? What can the surprising popularity of an odd Norwegian TV show and the rise of quiet eating in Spain teach us about buying behavior? The answers to these questions may t be all that obvious. And that's exactly the point. For the past 7 years, marketing expert and Georgetown University Professor Rohit Bhargava has curated his best-selling list of n-obvious trends by asking the questions that most trend predictors miss. It's why his insights on future trends and the art of curating trends have been utilized by dozens of the biggest brands and organizations in the world like Intel, Under Armour and the World Bank. In this all-new seventh edition, discover what more than a million readers already have: how to use the power of n-obvious thinking to grow your business and make a bigger impact in the world. Here is a snapshot of trends featured in the report: Fierce Femininity - As gender continues to become more fluid, fiercely independent women are increasingly portrayed as heroines, seen as role models and changing the world. Passive Loyalty - The ease of switching from brand to brand continues to empowers consumers - forcing brands to get smarter about earning true loyalty of belief versus loyalty of convenience. Robot Renaissance - As the utility of robots moves beyond manufacturing and into the home and workplace, they adopt better human-like interfaces and even may have micro-personalities built in. Moonshot Entrepreneurship - Inspired by visionary entrepreneurs, more organizations think beyond profit and focus on using business to make a positive social impact and even save the world. In total, the Non-Obvious 2017 Edition features 15 all-new trends for 2017 across 5 categories including Culture & Consumer Behavior, Marketing & Social Media, Media & Education, Techlogy & Design plus Ecomics & Entrepreneurship. The book also features a detailed section with a review and rating for more than 60 previously predicted trends - with longevity ratings for each. As with the original version, this new edition of Non-Obvious also delves into the curation process the author has used for years to build his Trend Reports and takes readers behind the scenes of trend curation (much to the delight of past readers who have been asking about this for years), and show them the methodology they can use to predict the future for themselves. Isaac Asimov once wrote that he was t a speed reader, but he was a speed understander. If you want to improve your business or your career by seeing those things that others miss, and becoming a speed understander for yourself, this book can help you get there.
- Author BiographyRohit Bhargava is a trend curator and storyteller who believes in sharing non-obvious ideas. He is the author of five bestselling business books including Non-Obvious (Wall Street Journal bestseller) and Likeonomics (shortlisted for Best Sales/Marketing Book of the Year by 1800CEORead). Over the past 15 years, Rohit has advised hundreds of global brands as a former executive at two of the largest marketing agencies in the world (Ogilvy and Leo Burnett) and is currently founder of the Influential Marketing Group - an independent marketing + strategy consultancy based in Washington DC. A popular and non-boring keynote speaker, Rohit has been invited to headline events in 31 countries around the world where his popular talks have inspired audiences from 10 to 10,000 people to lead with personality, create more human organizations and even learn to predict the future. His thinking on business trends and annual trend research called the Non-Obvious Trend Report has been viewed more than half a million times online and his personal blog has been named one of the top 25 marketing blogs in the world by AdAge magazine. Rohit also teaches marketing and pitching at Georgetown University and is regularly quoted as an expert in media including Harvard Business Review, The Guardian, and NPR. He is a lifelong fan of anything having to do with the Olympics (he's been to four so far!), actively avoids anything having to do with cauliflower (yuck!), and has dedicated his career to helping brands and leaders be more influential by embracing their humanity and personality.
- Author(s)Dr Rohit Bhargava
- PublisherIdeapress Publishing
- Date of Publication06/12/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIdeapress Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.