Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume collects some of the survey lectures delivered at the Micro- program on Noncommutative Rings held at MSRI, July 10-21, 1989. While the program was concerned with recent advances in ring theory, it also had as an important component lectures on related areas of mathematics where ring theory might be expected to have an impact. Thus, there are lectures of S. P. Smith on quantum groups and Marc Ri- effel on algebraic aspects of quantum field theory. Martin Lorenz and Don- ald Passman consider in their lectures various aspects of crossed products: homological and K-theoretic to group actions. Kenneth Brown presents the modern theory of Noetherian rings and localization. These contributions as well as the others t presented here show that ring theory remains a vigorous and useful area. The planning and organization of the program were done by the under- signed and the late Robert Warfield. His illness prevented his attendance at the meeting. It is to him we dedicate this volume. The organizers wish to extend their thanks to Irving Kaplansky, Director of MSRI, and the staff for all of their efforts in making this conference such a success. Susan Montgomery Lance Small vii NONCOMMUTATIVE RINGS TABLE OF CONTENTS PREFACE...Vll ...K. A. Brown THE REPRESENTATION THEORY OF NOETHERIAN RINGS 1 A. Joseph SOME RING THEORETIC TECHNIQUES AND OPEN PROBLEMS IN ENVELOPING ALGEBRAS...27 ...M. Lorenz CROSSED PRODUCTS: CHARACTERS, CYCLIC HOMOLOGY, AND GROTHENDIECK GROUPS ...69 ...
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- Series TitleMathematical Sciences Research Institute Publications
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight299 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byLance W. Small,Susan Montgomery
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.