All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe present text offers a graduate level treatment of time dependent phemena in condensed matter physics. Conventional ideas of linear response theory and kinetic theory are treated in detail. The general emphasis, however, in on the development of generalized Langevin equations for treating nlinear behaviour in a wide variety of systems. A full treatment is given for the underpinnings of hydrodynamics for fluids. This is the third volume of a four volume set of texts by the same author, two of which have already been published ( Fluctuations, Order, and Defects 0-471-32840-5, Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics 0-471-32839-1). While the preceding volume contains material that is a prerequisite for fully understanding the material presented here, this volume is self-contained and can stand alone from the preceding volume.
- Author BiographyProfessor Gene F. Mazenko received his Ph.D. in physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1971. After working as research associate at Harvard and Stanford he joined the faculty of the Department of Physics of the University of Chicago where he is now a professor. He has served as a visiting professor at the University of California at San Diego and Oxford University and as a consultant for the Argonne National Laboratory. Professor Mazenko is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and the author of two textbooks, both published with Wiley, and more than 130 journal articles.
- Author(s)Gene F. Mazenko
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight932 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.