All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNatural phemena consist of simultaneously occurring transport processes and chemical reactions. These processes may interact with each other and may lead to self-organized structures, fluctuations, instabilities, and evolutionary systems. Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics, 3rd edition emphasizes the unifying role of thermodynamics in analyzing the natural phemena. This third edition updates and expands on the first and second editions by focusing on the general balance equations for coupled processes of physical, chemical, and biological systems. The new edition contains a new chapter on stochastic approaches to include the statistical thermodynamics, mesoscopic nequilibrium thermodynamics, fluctuation theory, information theory, and modeling the coupled biochemical systems in thermodynamic analysis. This new addition also comes with more examples and practice problems.
- Author BiographyDr. Demirel graduated in 1975 from the Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey with Bsc and MSc degrees. He earned an 'Advanced Chemical Engineering' diploma from the UMIST, University of Manchester, UK in 1977, and a PhD degree in chemical engineering from the University of Birmingham, UK in 1981. He joined the faculty of the Cukurova University in Adana, Turkey as assistant professor, and promoted to associate professor in 1986. In 1993, he joined the faculty of the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran Saudi Arabia where he was promoted to full professor in 2000. He carried out research and scholarly work at the University of Delaware between 1999 and 2001. He worked at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg as a visiting Professor between 2002 and 2006. Currently, he is on the faculty of the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. Dr. Demirel has accumulated teaching and research experience over the years in diverse fields of engineering. He is the associate editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Thermodynamics and member of editorial board of International Journal of Exergy. Dr. Demirel authored and co-authored three books, two book chapters, and 120 research papers. The first edition of Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics was published in 2002. After it was expanded to a graduate textbook, the second edition was published in 2007. His new book titled Energy: Production, Conversion, Storage, Conservation, and Coupling is in press. He has obtained several awards and scholarships, and presented invited seminars.
- Author(s)Yasar Demirel
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight1770 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.