All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop (ARW) and Emil-Warburg-Symposium (EWS) Nonlinear Coherent Structures in Phy- sics and Biology held at the University of Bayreuth from June 1 -4, 1993. Director of the ARW was K. H. Spatschek, while F.G. Mertens acted as the co-director, host, and organizer of the EWS. The other members of the scientific organizing committee were A.R. Bishop (Los Alamos), J.C. Eilbeck (Edinburgh), and M. Remoissenet (Dijon). This was the eighth meeting in a series of interdisciplinary workshops founded by our French colleagues who had organized all the previous workshops, e.g. 1989 in Montpel- lier and 1991 in Dijon. We were asked to organize the meeting this time in Germany. Of course, we wanted to keep the character defined by the previous meetings, which were always characterized by an open and friendly atmosphere, being t too large in quantity, but high in quality. This time altogether 103 participants attended the workshop. During the past years most of the participants met several times and discussed problems connected with the generation of nlinear coherent structures in physics and biology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/06/2013
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number329
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byF.G. Mertens,K.H. Spatschek
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.