Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionEngineers, scientists, and applied mathematicians are habitually curious about behavior of physical systems. More often than t they will model the system and then analyze the model, hoping to expose the system's dynamic secrets. Traditionally, linear methods have been the rm and nlinear effects were only added peripherally. This bias for linear techniques arises from the consum- mate beauty and order in linear subs paces and the elegance of linear indepen- dence is too compelling to be denied. And the bias has been, in the past, for- tified by the dearth of nlinear procedures, rendering the study of nlinear dynamics untidy. But w a new attractiveness is being conferred on that n- descript patchwork, and the virtue of the hidden surprises is gaining deserved respect. With a wide variety of individual techniques available, the student and the engineer as well as the scientist and researcher, are faced with an almost overwhelming task of which to use to help achieve an understanding sufficient to reach a satisfying result. If linear analysis predicts system behavior suffi- ciently close to reality, that is delightful. In the more likely case where nlin- ear analysis is required, we believe this text fills an important void. We have tried to compile and bring some order to a large amount of information and techniques, that although well kwn, is scattered. We have also extended this kwledge base with new material t previously published.
- Author(s)Robert A. Lerman,W. Richard Kolk
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight533 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.