All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Practical Guide to Implementing Nonparametric and Rank-Based Procedures Nonparametric Statistical Methods Using R covers traditional nparametric methods and rank-based analyses, including estimation and inference for models ranging from simple location models to general linear and nlinear models for uncorrelated and correlated responses. The authors emphasize applications and statistical computation. They illustrate the methods with many real and simulated data examples using R, including the packages Rfit and npsm. The book first gives an overview of the R language and basic statistical concepts before discussing nparametrics. It presents rank-based methods for one- and two-sample problems, procedures for regression models, computation for general fixed-effects ANOVA and ANCOVA models, and time-to-event analyses. The last two chapters cover more advanced material, including high breakdown fits for general regression models and rank-based inference for cluster correlated data. The book can be used as a primary text or supplement in a course on applied nparametric or robust procedures and as a reference for researchers who need to implement nparametric and rank-based methods in practice. Through numerous examples, it shows readers how to apply these methods using R.
- Author BiographyJohn Kloke is a biostatistician and assistant scientist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has held faculty positions at the University of Pittsburgh, Bucknell University, and Pomona College. An R user for more than 15 years, he is an author and maintainer of numerous R packages, including Rfit and npsm. He has published papers on nonparametric rank-based estimation, including analysis of cluster correlated data. Joseph W. McKean is a professor of statistics at Western Michigan University. He has published many papers on nonparametric and robust statistical procedures and has co-authored several books, including Robust Nonparametric Statistical Methods and Introduction to Mathematical Statistics. He is an associate editor of several statistics journals and a fellow of the American Statistical Association.
- Author(s)John Kloke,Joseph W. McKean
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC: The R Series
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.